Hi all, Rose here with another Top Ten Tuesday entry, topics/prompts given by The Broke and the Bookish. So this week’s entry has me listing my most anticipated releases on my TBR list for Fall 2017. I have quite the backlog of books I’m reading through, but I definitely had enough books to anticipate for the forthcoming season, and I’m counting books based on their releases for the months of September to December.
Here are my top choices for my Fall 2017 TBR List, in no particular order:
- “The Stolen Marriage” by Diane Chamberlain – I always look forward to Diane Chamberlain’s books because of the strong characterization and themes in her work, this book being no exception to that. This is a historical fiction story taking place in Hickory, NC during World War II with a woman in a loveless marriage vying to discover the truth behind her husband’s suspicious behavior.
- “Artemis” by Andy Weir – A space thriller taking place on the moon by one of my favorite authors? Sign me up. 🙂
3. “Renegades” by Marissa Meyer – The first in a new series by the author of “The Lunar Chronicles”. While I still have yet to read the rest of the Lunar Chronicles (and review “Cinder” accordingly), I’m really looking forward to this new series because the blurb for it sounds absolutely amazing. People with extraordinary abilities? Revenge tales? Here for all of that.
4. “War of the Cards” by Colleen Oakes – I loved this interpretation of the Queen of Hearts and Wonderland even from the first book I read in this series. I’m definitely looking forward to reading the last book of the trilogy. I might do a joint review of the second and third books in this series once I read them around this book’s release date.
5. “Bonfire” by Krysten Ritter – This book has a lot of buzz behind it, and it’s one I’m looking forward to on the measure of loving mystery/thrillers. And yes, the author is actress from the series Jessica Jones.
6. “Love, Life, and the List” by Kasie West – I’ve really enjoyed the last several books I’ve read from Kasie West, so little wonder that I’m going to pick this book up to peruse. It has a nice premise and it seems to be the first in a series of standalone books with cross-over characters. I’m looking forward to it.
7. “Warcross” by Marie Lu – This is a book I’ve had on my anticipated reads list for a while, but I haven’t had the opportunity to read it yet. It’ll be on my library holds, but any book involving gaming being a part of the plot point is bound to catch my interest, this being no exception.
8. “There’s Someone Inside Your House” by Stephanie Perkins – I haven’t read any of Stephanie Perkins’s books for quite some time, but a thriller is an interesting change of pace for the author of the “Anna and the French Kiss” series. I love the colors of the cover as well. I’ve heard mixed early reviews about it, but I really want to see what it has to offer to the table.
9. “Girls Made of Snow and Glass” by Melissa Bashardoust – This book came with a lot of early high praise and discussion, and considering I’ve really liked some of the books I’ve read from Flatiron, this is another I’d really like to pick up. Its fairy tale leanings and promise of being a character driven fantasy makes me inclined to pick it up.
10. “Genuine Fraud” by E. Lockhart – I had mixed feelings on Lockhart’s “We Were Liars”, but I loved her “Ruby Oliver” books to tears, so I’m always ready and willing to see what she has to offer in her new releases. This was recently released and I bought it from Audible, so I should be reading it very soon.
Until next entry, happy reading journeys all!